Friday 10 September 2010

Follow Friday: Online Genealogy Lessons from Pharos

I don't usually like to 'advertise' a pay-for company in my blog, but these people seem to offer courses too enticing to ignore - if only I had the money...  Pharos Tutors offer online courses on English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish genealogy - and a course called Australian Roots and Branches!

From their website: Take a Pharos course and discover:
  • More about the historical background to your ancestors' lives
  • How to search effectively, online and offline
  • Where to find the best free genealogy indexes and fully searchable resources
  • How to make the best use of your time
  • How to save money
I know they are not some scam, because they are partnered with the Society of Genealogists, the Guild of One-Name Studies, and AGRA (The Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives).  Among their varied and splendid offerings are courses on wills, writing your family history, DNA genealogy, apprenticeship records, manorial rolls and much, much more.

I am particularly interested in the course on Devon ancestors, and I am especially attracted to the fact that these are online courses.  Maybe I will have to save my pennies, or hope for a generous birthday present later in the year...

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently in week two of their three-week One Place Studies course. It's a good way to meet up with committed intelligent genealogists who are interested in the same topics as you! I wanted to do a course to see what the standard and process was like, and although I already know a fair bit about one-place-studies I've picked up some interesting tidbits from both the course materials and my fellow classmates. And I'm having heaps of fun seeing what the others are discovering about their places!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive