The Royal National Lifeboat Institution has a wonderful section on its website - pages devoted to a Forever By The Sea fund, which honours a loved one. You set up a page in memory of the particular individual, and then you can upload photos, light candles and make donations (which will go towards helping the RNLI charity).
The RNLI, a charity dear to my father's heart and now mine - especially since I have so many ancestors who had something to do with the sea - states on their website: "The volunteer lifeboat crews of the RNLI have been selflessly saving lives at sea since [they have saved over 139,000 lives and rely on over 40,000 volunteers]. The RNLI receives no financial support from the UK Government. So today, as always, we depend on the generosity of the public to be able to carry out rescues, and our crews are much busier than ever."
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Another great-aunt, but this time she is my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-aunt. Her name was Wilmot BASTONE, and she was christ...
Queries. Something else we all have (as well as the 'kith and kin' I posted about a while back). But what is the best way of ge...
Following on from the popularity of my 'genealogical trivia' theme for the A-Z Challenge, I am going to continue on. Not at the f...
Aha! Got you! You thought you knew what 'engross' meant, didn't you? The online Merriam-Webster dictionary defines it as "...
Have you heard of the FamilySearch Wiki? I had, but assumed it was not much more than a blog. But actually it is so much more. You go ...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (59)
- ► 2011 (53)
- Way Back Wednesday: Robert MURCH 1687
- Sentimental Sunday: I Want You to Have It
- Surname Saturday: Nott and Naming Traditions
- Follow Friday: Random Acts of Genealogical Kindnes...
- Way Back Wednesday: A New Beginning
- Sentimental Sunday: There She Is
- Surname Saturday: Hall
- Follow Friday: Historical Directories
- Maritime Monday: Ships of the East India Company
- Sentimental Sunday: Hercules was my uncle
- Surname Saturday: Yates or Yeats or Yeates
- Follow Friday: Online Genealogy Lessons from Pharo...
- Wordless Wednesday: Ralph Francis Ley
- Maritime Monday: RNLI - Forever by the Sea
- Surname Saturday: Ley
- Follow Friday: The National Wills Index (UK)
- ▼ September (16)