A new Blogging Theme to help me focus: Way Back Wednesday will zero in on end-of-line ancestors - and, when I run out of them, it can cover ancestors or (family) history from as far back as I have reached. Such as my 10th great grandfather, James STANTON from St Cleer, Cornwall, born in 1630; or the Civil War between the Cavaliers and the Roundheads which affected my 7th great grandfather, Robert MURCH, in 1687 in Ottery St Mary, Devon.
I will also be describing how I found my Way Back When ancestors, and where I am going to look next. Although, since some of them have also become brickwalls, I may not actually know where I am going to look next!
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
This has to be my favourite address in my family history. Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary, Devon, England was where my MURCH ancestors ...
Following on from the popularity of my 'genealogical trivia' theme for the A-Z Challenge, I am going to continue on. Not at the f...
'Negative proof' is surely a phrase coined especially for the genealogical community. Certainly, it is much used by us. What e...
These stats just keep getting better and better! After I wrote my 'Reflections' post for The Writing Desk (which included the s...
Have you ever written a letter to a man and addressed it to "Fred Bloggs, Esq"? Did you ever wonder how he came to be c...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (59)
- ► 2011 (53)
- Way Back Wednesday: Robert MURCH 1687
- Sentimental Sunday: I Want You to Have It
- Surname Saturday: Nott and Naming Traditions
- Follow Friday: Random Acts of Genealogical Kindnes...
- Way Back Wednesday: A New Beginning
- Sentimental Sunday: There She Is
- Surname Saturday: Hall
- Follow Friday: Historical Directories
- Maritime Monday: Ships of the East India Company
- Sentimental Sunday: Hercules was my uncle
- Surname Saturday: Yates or Yeats or Yeates
- Follow Friday: Online Genealogy Lessons from Pharo...
- Wordless Wednesday: Ralph Francis Ley
- Maritime Monday: RNLI - Forever by the Sea
- Surname Saturday: Ley
- Follow Friday: The National Wills Index (UK)
- ▼ September (16)