Scanfest is a once-monthly excellent time for scanning all those one-day items ("I'll scan it one day"). It is usually held on the last Sunday of the month and hosted at the AnceStories blog. The only downside I have found is that you tend to have so much fun chatting to others, that the scanning pile grows ever higher!
Here is a description of Scanfest from AnceStories:
is Scanfest? It's a time when geneabloggers, family historians, and
family archivists meet online here at this blog to chat while they
scan their precious family documents and photos. Why? Because, quite
honestly, scanning is time-consuming and boring!
is a great time to "meet" other genealogists, ask questions about
scanning and preservation, and get the kick in the pants we all need
on starting those massive scanning projects that just seem too
overwhelming to begin."
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
This has to be my favourite address in my family history. Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary, Devon, England was where my MURCH ancestors ...
Following on from the popularity of my 'genealogical trivia' theme for the A-Z Challenge, I am going to continue on. Not at the f...
These stats just keep getting better and better! After I wrote my 'Reflections' post for The Writing Desk (which included the s...
Google Books. An often-untapped source which is just waiting for you to dive in. Oh, yes, I’ve heard of it, you say – but what actua...
What is the point of a genealogy blog? After all, a blog usually displays what you're thinking/doing/seeing on the current day, d...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- A-Z Challenge: Z is for ZZZZs
- A-Z Challenge: Y is for Yeoman
- A-Z Challenge: X is for eXtreme Genealogy
- A-Z Challenge: W is for Window Tax
- A-Z Challenge: V is for Villein
- A-Z Challenge: U is for United Kingdom
- A-Z Challenge: T is for Time Immemorial
- A-Z Challenge: S is for Scanfest
- A-Z Challenge: R is for Ragged Schools
- A-Z Challenge: Q is for Quarter Days
- A-Z Challenge: P is for Plymouth
- A-Z Challenge: O is for Online Parish Clerk
- A-Z Challenge: N is for Noble
- A-Z Challenge: M is for Monumental Inscription
- A-Z Challenge: L is for Lammas
- A-Z Challenge: K is for King's Evil
- A-Z Challenge: J is for Journeyman
- A-Z Challenge: I is for Indenture
- A-Z Challenge: H is for Hiring Fairs
- A-Z Challenge: G is for GeneaBloggers
- A-Z Challenge: F is for Franking of Letters
- A-Z Challenge: E is for Englishry
- A-Z Challenge: D is for Daughter-in-Law
- A-Z Challenge: C is for Certificates
- A-Z Challenge: B is for Brickmaking
- A-Z Challenge: A is for April's A-Z Challenge
- ▼ April (26)
- ► 2011 (53)