Monday, 11 March 2013
Fearless Females 2013: Day 11: Martha Randle and Johanna Murch
Did you have any female ancestors who died young?
Martha RANDLE (my maternal great great great grandmother) was christened 29 August 1802 at St Lawrence's church, Foleshill, Warwickshire, and married Adam BUCKINGHAM on 11 June 1821 in Astley, also in Warwickshire. Why are they in a blog devoted to Devon and Cornwall? Because they are my ancestors, that's why, and their line eventually wandered down to the West Country.
However, Martha died young, aged only 33, and was buried 7 June 1835. She had already had five children, and the date of birth of the sixth, my ancestor Joseph, is also 1835. I wonder if this birth was too much for her. This reminds me of Johanna Murch HAYWOOD (my paternal great great grandmother), who was born 4 February 1844 and died on 17 December 1875 from exhaustion 8 days after the birth of her third child, Ernest.
Martha died before the beginning of civil registration, so there is no death certificate I can get from the General Register Office to show her cause of death. Is there anywhere else I can look?
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you have ever delved into family history, you may well have heard of brickwalls. You may even have come across some of your own. Brickw...
Updated once a week, Gravestone Photographic Resource aims to digitally photograph grave monuments (that are currently legible). It covers...
Rootstech is a family history conference (one of the biggest there is). It is held in North America (usually in Salt Lake, Utah) during ...
This has to be my favourite address in my family history. Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary, Devon, England was where my MURCH ancestors ...
The fifth year for this blog in the A-Z Challenge . In case you were unaware: the A-Z Challenge is held every year during April. Parti...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 30: Words of Wisdom
- Friday's Faces From the Past: Kingsbridge Fair
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 27: Off to Australia
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 26: Education
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 24: Physical Traits
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 21: Tender Moments in R...
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 20: Female Brick Wall -...
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 19: Surprising Fact
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 16: Thomasine Dunstone ...
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 15: Annie Marian Buckin...
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 14: Newsmaker
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 13: Moment of Strength
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 11: Martha Randle and J...
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 10: Religion
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 9: Family Documents
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 6: Heirloom
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 3: Mahala
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 2: Photo
- Fearless Females 2013: Day 1: Favourite Female Anc...
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2012 (59)
- ► 2011 (53)