A small clipping from Exeter & Plymouth Gazette (Saturday January 20, 1849) in the Deaths column:
"Jan.16, at Ottery St. Mary, Mr. Samuel Murch, in the 71st year of his age. He was employed 44 years in the Ottery Factory, - the last 26 years in the silk department of the present proprietor. He was a trustworthy and faithful servant."
Samuel Murch was my great great great great grandfather (paternal). I feel honoured to be the descendant of "a trustworthy and faithful servant." He deserves all those "great"s.
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- Fearless Females 18: Miss Murch begs to announce.....
- Fearless Females 14: Ancestor fined for assault
- Fearless Females 12: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD outside t...
- Fearless Females 11: Amanda Died Young
- Fearless Females 10: Minda EDGCOMBE's Religion
- Fearless Females 9: Minda's Baptismal Certificate
- Sunday's Obituary: Samuel MURCH
- Fearless Females 3: Rabage BEERE and Beaton DOWNE
- Fearless Females 2: May and Ena Edgcombe
- Family History Writing Challenge: The End
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2011 (53)
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Like others, I got excited at the prospect of Thomas MacEntee's 'Genealogy Do-Over' , and immediately flung myself into the fi...
Now that we are in the third week of Thomas MacEntee's Genealogy Do-Over, I feel able to sit back and review exactly what it is that ...
Like others, I got excited at the prospect of Thomas MacEntee's 'Genealogy Do-Over' , and immediately flung myself into the fir...