A small clipping from Exeter & Plymouth Gazette (Saturday January 20, 1849) in the Deaths column:
"Jan.16, at Ottery St. Mary, Mr. Samuel Murch, in the 71st year of his age. He was employed 44 years in the Ottery Factory, - the last 26 years in the silk department of the present proprietor. He was a trustworthy and faithful servant."
Samuel Murch was my great great great great grandfather (paternal). I feel honoured to be the descendant of "a trustworthy and faithful servant." He deserves all those "great"s.
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Today's "Way Back Wednesday" post is about my gggg grandparents. All I know about them are their names and the date they marr...
I have to keep to a routine. I have four surname studies, one One-Place study, ten websites/blogs, my own genealogy, a Facebook group - a...
I grew up with artificial trees, so it was natural when I left home and set up my own flat to have an artificial tree myself (and all of m...
It's not very often I find a new surname and can insert it into my family tree. So I was delighted to search through findmypast.com and...
Following on from the popularity of my 'genealogical trivia' theme for the A-Z Challenge, I am going to continue on. Not at the f...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- Fearless Females 18: Miss Murch begs to announce.....
- Fearless Females 14: Ancestor fined for assault
- Fearless Females 12: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD outside t...
- Fearless Females 11: Amanda Died Young
- Fearless Females 10: Minda EDGCOMBE's Religion
- Fearless Females 9: Minda's Baptismal Certificate
- Sunday's Obituary: Samuel MURCH
- Fearless Females 3: Rabage BEERE and Beaton DOWNE
- Fearless Females 2: May and Ena Edgcombe
- Family History Writing Challenge: The End
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2011 (53)